The Vayalur Murugan Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Muruga, Lord Shiva’s and Parvati’s son, and is located in the village of Kumaravayalur in Tamil Nadu’s Tiruchirapalli district. The temple is thought to have been built during the 9th century, during the reign of the Medieval Cholas.
This temple dates back to the Chola dynasty and was constructed around 1200 years ago. The Cholas constructed the temple in the 9th century AD. A lovely green landscape surrounds the shrine. Kirupanandha Variyar, a Hindu scholar, connected the temple’s gopurams. Muruga is the principal deity of the temple, which is located behind the Moolavar Shiva Sannithy. The other Sannithys in this temple are Moolavar arulmigu Athi Nathar and Moolavar arulmigu Athi Nathar (Lord Shiva). Shakthi Theertham is another name for Agni Theertham. Lord Muruga, according to mythology, built this tank with his Velayudham. Sthala Vriksham: From the rajagopuram’s entrance, the Vanni Maram (Vanni tree) may be seen on the left side.