National Institute of Technology (NITs) are premier engineering colleges in India offering admission to degree courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. Check here the list of top NITs with their MHRD-NIRF rankings, courses offered, total seat intake and cut offs.
NITs are the most prominent engineering colleges in India after the IITs. They offer various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and admission to most of the programmes is entrance based. The most popular among the undergraduate programmes are B.Tech and B.Arch while MBA and M.Tech are the popular postgraduate programmes.
To be a university globally trusted for technical excellence where learning and research integrate to sustain society and industry.
LIFE OF NITs
Clubs & Associations
Facilities & Services
Hostel & Messes
Office of the Dean
International Accreditation and Ranking in tertiary education largely guide goal-setting. The perception built by the stakeholders, crucially influence the process of repositioning. Benchmarking with global universities who are in the top 200 in world rankings in terms of teaching, innovation and research, funding and internationalisation. Hence, the need to set the following goals:
- Attracting top talent and global collaborations
- Building world-class research infrastructure to facilitate multi- / inter- / trans-disciplinary research
- Initiatives towards financial sustainability
- Social outreach activities of national / international importance
- Top 10 in India ranking in Engineering Discipline
- Top 500 in World Ranking in five years
EMBLEM OF NIT
National Institute of Technology
Tiruchirappalli – 620015
Tamil Nadu, INDIA